April 14, 2009

Scallops with Israeli Couscous and Kale



I sauteed finely chopped kale and onion with onions and garlic, and combined it with simmered Israeli couscous, using the Kitchn's method for cooking this pasta-cum-grain with leafy greens. Then Jesse sauteed scallops in olive oil and herbs de Provence to top it off. Here's what he had to say about it to his friend who gave us the herbs a few months ago:

I used the last of the herbs de Provence you gave me to make seared
scallops with Israeli cous cous and kale and may I humbly say that it
was the closest thing to culinary perfection that I have ever
experienced - in the words of Dr. Seuss "If you never have you
should. These things are fun and fun is good."

3 comments:

liz said...

That looks delicious!

meag said...

fancy pants! are you excited about all of the spring veggies to come??

Julia said...

liz, thanks! it's a great dish if you love both scallops and kale.

meag, i am SO excited. maybe it will help rekindle my interest in this blog. it is so freezing here though so it certainly doesn't feel like spring - it was only 32 degrees when we drove home from my parents house on easter evening this weekend!