March 10, 2009

The Weekend

It was finally warm enough this weekend to walk outside bare legged (!). Makes SUCH a difference.






After a pre-dinner trip to the Split They Skull festival at Mug's for some strong beers, we were drunk and I was feeling lazy, so I convinced Jesse to cook dinner.

He knows how to cook, he just doesn't do it very often. Risotto was one of the first meals we made together. Sausage and carrot is my favorite. If you don't have wine on hand, you can use Budweiser or another light beer, which is what we often do. Jesse done good.


After a bottle of wine, we got even drunker. And then he danced to funk with the dog.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Thanks for making me laugh out loud!

I've been loving this warmer weather lately, too.

Julia said...

Kristina, glad this made you LOL! Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to checking out your blog!

citysage said...

Can we talk about how Risotto is the ultimate comfort food! I just made some last night and I'm so excited for leftovers...I like to shape the day old risotto in patties, spritz with olive oil and brown them in the oven on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drool!

And your homage to brooklyn spring is making me miss the city---we moved in august and i'm feeling so nostalgic!

Julia said...

citysage, i've heard of frying leftover risotto cakes, but not baking them - what a great healthier alternative i should try next time i have leftovers. and the grass is always greener - i'd love to enjoy california spring, which i imagine is much warmer than here in brooklyn!