I came home tonight and cooked for about 2 1/2 hours straight. I didn't need to. I guess I just felt like getting all this food prepared in one go to make the rest of my week easier. And, when I made pizza dough this weekend, I had the foresight to freeze a few dough balls, so I also have my eye on giving pizza another try later this week with the rest of the arugula and chevre. Again no pictures because Jesse has retaken possssion of his camera and I keep forgetting to ask him where he's hiding it.
- dinner tonight: first bruschetta of the season! with heirloom tomato, garlic, basil from my deck, and olive oil on homemade whole wheat toast
- dessert: a decadent peach and nectarine smoothie with Ronnybrook ice cream instead of yogurt
- into the fridge for lunch tomorrow: salad of arugula, radishes, beets, hard boiled egg, Patches of Star chevre, and an olive oil-red wine vinaigrette
- into the fridge for a future dinner: caponata to have with toast and chevre
- into the fridge for a future snack: boiled and balsamic marinated beets
- into the freezer: steamed beet greens, which probably will be eaten in tacos at some point